Monday, February 7, 2011

Spring Fashion Trend: Ballet Inspired.....Love it or Hate it?

As the snow laden fashionistas of the upper half of the United States shake off the dregs of winter, we all have one thing on our minds...the fashion for Spring 2011.  Well, at least that's on my mind! If there's anything that can get me out of winter doldrums, it's what's the best new trends for warm weather!

After watching the runway presentations of such names as Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, and Proenza Schouler, I'm officially obsessed!

My favorite look of Spring 2011 are the ballet inspired looks seen everywhere from Forever 21 to Chanel.  Ballet is big, maybe it's from childhood when every little girl dreamed of being a ballerina, or it was the amazing costumes that L.A. based label Rodarte designed for the critically acclaimed movie The Black Swan.  Anyway you cut it, I'm all for the ballerina look, and I will be rocking it as much as possible this spring!

The floating organza, the sheer chiffon, the layers upon layer of light pink tulle are enough to send me into a ballet tizzy! Below are some of my favorite pieces and where to find them!

Chanel Haute Couture S/S 2011




Chanel Haute Couture S/S 2011


Merrie Gossamer Slip

These are just a couple of my favorites! I will be editing more upcoming Spring Fashions....stay tuned!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment